Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ella is 6 months old, summer is here, and life keeps moving forward . . .

As usual, Matt and I can't stand to let life settle down around us. With the end of the regular school year, I somehow managed to fill my summer calendar (until August) with summer school, professional developments, my SDSU fellowship, and work for the county office. On top of this, as the school year came to a close, Matt (and I)  decided that it was time to put our condo on the market and really start looking for a house! We furiously cleaned, put our garage and some of our house stuff in storage and have spent the last week being ready to remove the dogs, kids, and messiness of daily life at a moment's notice.
Dining room all cleaned up
Living room looks huge when not filled with kid crap
Clean Kitchen!
Storage Unit
The girls and I spent the weekend of our open house in San Clemente. We got the double fun for our work of being out of the house to keep it clean, but also seeing Wendi and Kathy who were visiting from Wisconsin! We had gotten to seen them Tuesday night when they stayed with us (politely saying the couch and our close quarters were comfy, but I think that was exhaustion talking).
Dinner out
Playing at Grandma T's
Ella and Rivers (3 weeks older than her). I was so happy to see another big baby!
Guard dogs at Grandma T's
Lani and Bella resting
Eleanor is officially a half now (as Madeline puts it)! She is gigantic. I sometimes look at her in the morning and think she grew overnight! Matt had the fun of taking Ella for her 6 month appointment (and shots) poor guy. Eleanor's current stats are: weight - 18.9 pounds 90th percentile, height - 27 1/4 inches 90th percentile, head 17 1/4 inches 85th percentile. I wish I could compare this to Madeline's info, but my book is currently in storage so I can't. My guess is that Ella is bigger than Madi was at this age since she has almost regularly been in the 50th percentile weight and 75th percentile height. It's a little crazy to me that Ella is so big since Madi had much more formula in her diet and was better at eating solids at this age.
At 6 months, Eleanor is eating some cereal, cheerios, num nums, and has tried carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, applesauce, and vegetable medley. She also had a little funfetti frozen yogurt. Ella doesn't seem to be stoked on pureed solids though she does love to try to pick up her cheerios. She is sitting extremely well and trying to pull up and hold herself in a stand against furniture. Ella babbles all of the time, blows tons of raspberries and has a giggle that brightens my mood every single time I hear it. She loves watching the dogs and Madeline, is very happy watching any of Madi's cartoons on tv and still prefers to sleep in our bed (though she does start most nights in the crib).
Solids
"I'll just eat this toast my sister made"
Hanging out on the green belt while people look at the condo
First dual bath!
Reading Pinkalicious. Ella is enthralled with Madi
We had the opportunity this week to take the girls to their first baseball game. Padres versus the Reds. We got tickets from Dru/Greg who now have offices at Petco Park (go Bumblebee Tuna). The seats were incredible (even though we only made it three innings in the seats since Madi got antsy) and the park has some amazing food and beer choices now. I haven't been to a game since I was pregnant with Madeline. Madeline's favorite park was the tot lot and cotton candy, Matt's was the seats and beer, mine was the wine tasting area, and Ella was just happy to be outside.
Madi and a piggie
"Cotton Candy!!!"
sweet seats
Padres Mickey
Swinging at the tot lot
Madi's favorite activity. Spinning!
 We are fighting bedtime battles with Madeline (it's awful), trying out a sticker chart to get her to go to bed without screaming and kicking. I know we will get past this time and that I will look back at it with humor (Occasionally I have to be careful not to laugh directly at Madi when she throws a fit. She is little and furious and so darn funny). We've been having so much fun, even though life is too crazy and too busy. The quiet times at home are even more relaxing than before. I love the time I get to spend with my girls and seeing how well they are growing.
Madi and I doing a Pinterest Project
Jameson baking
Posing dogs
Sisters in the playroom





No comments:

Post a Comment