Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Dad is getting some time away

The girls and I are three days into Matt's first work trip of the fall. So far, we are all alive. Going to bed has been fine. I feed the kids all meals in the playroom while I get stuff done in the kitchen. And Madi made out whole menu plan for the week (macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc). Monday morning I made Madeline cry to the point that she got in the car without brushing her teeth and wouldn't talk to me at drop off. All because I asked her to put on her shoes faster. On Tuesday I made Eleanor cry before school because I put clothes on her. She bawled until we arrived in her classroom. This morning, I made it through getting ready without making any kids cry, but we did encounter a huge spider that built a ridiculous web across the whole porch entry overnight. Apparently he thought that the Halloween spiders were an invitation to join the party. I managed to knock the web and spider down so we could get out the door, but I wasn't able to kill the spider. The girls had no fear and Ella just kept saying "wow, big spider." Ick!
The girls and their giant spider from Grandma T
Today's new friend . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment